Costa Cruises today announced that they would provide full refunds to cruise passengers onboard the Costa Concordia. In addition, they would provide $15,000 in cash per customer, provided they sign a waiver that they would not participate in any further litigation against the cruise line.
The compensation package for Costa Concordia guests who have returned home includes:
- A lump sum of $14,500 per person as indemnification, covering all damages, including loss of baggage and personal effects, psychological distress and loss of enjoyment of the cruise vacation.
- Reimbursement of the value of the cruise, including harbor taxes
- Reimbursement of air and bus transfers included in the cruise package
- Full reimbursement of travel expenses to reach the port of embarkation and return home
- Reimbursement of any medical expenses resulting from the cruise
- Reimbursement of expenses incurred onboard during the cruise