|Holland America Statendam|
I happened to come across an older issue of Holland America's Mariner Magazine. In there I found some interesting stats on the Signature of Excellence enhancements that were conducted on the Statendam Class of ships.
Here is some insight as to what is involved with a refit/conversion. The stats quoted are per ship (unless otherwise specified).
- 600 tons of steel was added.
- 3,250 new bathroom mirrors installed.
- 12,600 new pillows fluffed.
- 25,200 new lightbulbs added.
- 78,750 new tiles installed in wet areas.
- 320,000 Sq feet of new carpeting.
- 280,000 feet of electrical cables.
- 28 Days duration for renovations.
- 39 Lanai Staterooms added on the Rotterdam.
- 2.3 Million Labor Hours spent on renovating the 5 ships.
Our Other Sites: