|MV Trinity Bay of SeaSwift|
There are a number of options - but here is a unique one.... The MV Trinity Bay of SeaSwift.
Their website www.seaswift.com.au says.........
The MV Trinity Bay is an 81m-long working cargo vessel, built in South Korea in 1996 and frequently refitted. Its principal purpose is to carry freight between Cairns and Seisia at the tip of Cape York, via Horn Island and Thursday Island. It is the only working cargo vessel in Australia that also carries passengers, with a total of 48 berths over 15 cabins.
The distance between Cairns and the Tip of Cape York is about 1,000km. The MV Trinity Bay
travels inside the reef with land in sight for most of the way. It has a maximum speed of 13.5knots. There is generally little movement, although conditions will vary.
The MV Trinity Bay carries up to 38 passengers per week on its voyage from Cairns to Cape York, including visits to Horn Island, Thursday Island and Bamaga.
Its features include:
- Fully air conditioned
- Private ensuite cabins
- Shared facility cabins
- Licensed bar
- Buffet meals
- Credit card facilities.
The MV Trinity Bay operates a weekly service between Cairns and Seisia Wharf (Bamaga).
- Friday – Departs Cairns late afternoon, with passenger boarding at 1.30pm. Before departure, passengers receive a full briefing from the purser.
- Saturday – At sea. Tour of wheel house with the ship’s Master (dependent on conditions). During the trip, passengers can expect to see coral cays, islands, rugged coastlines, other vessels, lighthouses and the possibility of whales in season (June to September).
- Sunday morning – Arrives at Horn Island to transfer freight. Passengers have the option of partaking in a tour of the island (dependent on conditions).
- Sunday afternoon – Arrives at Thursday Island to transfer cargo. Some passengers will leave us here and new passengers may join us. Those staying on can enjoy time at leisure on the island or partake in an optional tour (dependent on conditions).
- Monday morning – Arrives at Seisia Wharf to transfer cargo. Some passengers will leave us here. Those staying on can enjoy time at leisure or partake in an optional tour to the Tip of Cape York (dependent on conditions). New passengers will join us for the southbound journey.
- Monday – Departs Seisia (Bamaga) for travel directly to Cairns. Departure time will depend on tides.
- Tuesday – At sea.
- Wednesday – Arrives in Cairns. Arrival time depends on conditions.