|Princess Cruises 2020 New Build Fincantieri, Italy|
UK's P&O Cruises has announced details surrounding it new-build scheduled for 2020.
Amenities of the new ship include
- A major new entertainment hub called The Dome will be among the star attractions providing leading edge entertainment.
- The Dome will feature a clear sky dome, a pool with a retractable stage, water feature and whirlpools, The Dome will act as an all-weather venue for all day entertainment and informal dining.
- At night The Dome – one of four primary entertainment spaces on the new 180,000 ton ship – will feature aerial performances, projection onto the roof and shows.
- Glass walls spanning three decks will flow natural light into P&O Cruises signature Atrium, the central heartbeat and focal point of the 5,200-passenger ship, complete with a grand staircase, gallery and overhead walkways.
- 17 Dining establishments including 7 specialty restaurants.
- 12 bars with ocean views
- 13 entertainment venues from the theater to adult only venues
- 3 pop-up entertainment spaces/venues
- 16 whirlpools
- 4 swimming pools (three outside, one inside)
- The ship will feature an expansive wrap around promenade
From a Technical perspective......
- The ship will be powered by LNG.
The ship will be delivered in summer 2020 and itineraries and bookings will be available starting in late 2018.