|3 NCL Ships Enter Lay up in Norfolk, Cruise Lines Refinance; Carnival to Return to Service|
Items in today's news.
- Three Norwegian Cruise Line ships enter long term layup in Norfolk, Virginia. The Norwegian Encore arrived this morning at around 9:00 AM, followed by the Norwegian Bliss at around 10:30 AM and the Norwegian Spirit at around 12:30 PM. The ships are expected to be laid up with minimal crews for the next 30 days.
- Royal Caribbean has come to an agreement with French Creditor to refinance the loans for 3 ships constructed in France - The Celebrity Apex, Celebrity Edge and Symphony of the Seas. The payments holiday associated with the refinancing will free up $220M for Royal Caribbean to use to maintain their ships during the operational pause.
- Norwegian Cruise Line has secured $905M in credit by financing the Pride of America, Norwegian Jewel and Norwegian Epic. These funds will be used to help the cruise line to maintain the fleet during the operational pause.
- Cruise lines are step up efforts to get their crews home. Celebrity Cruises, Royal Caribbean and Carnival Families of brands have their ships rendezvous off the coast of Florida or the Bahamas. Here crews are shuttled between ships via lifeboats grouped by home nations. Ships are expected to Asia, the Philippines, Indonesia, the Caribbean and South America, while others will sail transatlantic to Europe. Additional crew consolidation efforts are expected next week to fill the ships for their long journeys.
- Carnival Cruises says it will re-start limited cruise operations effective August 1, 2020 and is working on a re-entry plan including - sanitizing, social distancing, medical care. Check tomorrow;s post for more details.
RETURN TO NYCRUISEINFO.com
=> NYCruiseInfo.com Website - Cruise Schedule, Ship Reviews, Ports of Call & More.
=> NYCruiseInfo.com Blog - News On Cruise Ships Departing From New York & New Jersey.
=> Follow Us on Instagram - NYCruiseInfo At Instagram
=> Subscribe to Our Monthly New York Cruises Newsletter